35th Annual Meeting
Fairmont hotel, Heliopolios, Cairo.
March 22-24, 2017
Welcome to the ESS Annual Meeting in its 4th decade as a leader in promoting excellence in patient’s surgical care
We are delighted to invite you to this highly anticipated and prestigious event the 35th Annual Meeting of the Egyptian Society of
Surgeons. This year’s meeting will be held on March 22-24, 2017 at Fairmont hotel, Heliopolios, Cairo.
For over 34 years, the ESS Annual Meeting has contributed to the exchange and sharing of ideas and exper tise in surgery. Every meeting helps to broaden our surgical knowledge which, as happens in any field of medicine, changes every year.
ESS has full confidence that this meeting can again renew our commitments to improving the lives of patients all over the world, through our chosen Main Theme: “The Art of Surgery: From the Classics to the Future”
This year, the scientific committee is preparing a very comprehensive programme that shall provide surgeons, academic clinicians and surgical residents with the opportunity to immerse themselves in a variety of educational experiences and to learn, explore, and share ideas with some of the best known names in the surgical community.
For 3 days, we will cover a wide range of topics and specialties in surgery, and we will hold an exciting series of lectures, workshops, debates, panels and symposia that shall emphasize advanced knowledge and skill acquisition through focused, applied learning techniques.
We will deliver current trends, treatments and ideas from world expert surgeons internationally and from the Arab region.
Don’t miss the rich opportunity..
Come and grab the knowledge.
Abdel Moeti Hussein
Safwat Abdel Kader
Hemeda El Sayed
Galal Abou Riah
Ahmed El Kased
Atef Abdel Ghani
Khaled El Fiky
Nabil Gad El Hak
Tharwat Mohamed Ali
- Bariatric Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Endocrine Surgery
- Head and Neck Surgery
- Hepatobiliary Surgery
- Miscellaneous Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Liver Transplantation
- Plastic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Surgical Education
- Surgical Infection
- Surgical Oncology
- Vascular Surgery
You are invited to unparalleled opportunity to join the scientists, researchers and clinicians who will present their work in several fields of surgery.
Free papers are invited in all surgical specialties.
- General Surgery
- Liver Transplantation
- Minimally Invasive
- Head & Neck
Kindly submit your abstract at: Click Here
- All abstracts must be submitted in MS WORD or PDF forms only.
- All abstracts must be submitted before December 31st, 2016.
- Abstract approval/rejection notifications will be sent to applicant on February 1st, 2017.
- Your Abstract submission email notification might end up in your Spam/Junk email folder.
- Please check there if you didn’t receive the email notification starting from February 1st, 2017.
- If the problem persists, kindly call the office-in-charge to confirm your abstract submission.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of same abstract.
The official Society app completely enhances your congress experience, for this congress and all the future ones held by the Egyptian Society of Surgeons (ESS) by providing a comprehensive over view on everything you need.
- Society past, current and future activities
- Online mobile registration
- Periodic notifications of society news
- Download programs, charts, maps and other
- related academic material
- Access to all editions of the Egyptian
- Journal of Surgery (EJS)
- Online abstract submission
And many other great features, for the ultimate (ESS) experience at the tip of your fingers.
The app is available on Google Play® and IOS Store®
With a population exceeding 5 million residents, Alexandria is a Mediterranean port and the
second largest city in Egypt. Also known as (The Pearl of the Mediterranean), it was a beacon
of knowledge to the whole world and home to a storied library and a lighthouse ranking among
the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World during the Hellenistic period.
Today the library is reincarnated in the disc-shaped, ultramodern Bibliotheca Alexandrina research center. The city has many Greco-Roman landmarks, old-world cafes and European-style parks. Its 15th-century Qaitbay Citadel is now a museum.
Points of Interest
Alexandria National Museum
Citadel of Qaitbay
Lighthouse of Alexandria
Library of Alexandria
For facilitation purposes, an official invitation letter can be issued upon attendant’s request. However, this invitation implies no obligation, financial or otherwise, on the Congress committee or its affiliated parties.
A professional Exhibition will be held within the framework of the Congress. Please keep
in mind that main sponsors (Platinum, Gold and Silver) are granted certain privileges and
opportunities that other sponsors may not have access to.
Become an exhibitor: We invite you to become an exhibitor at the Grand Meeting. We anticipate more than 1000 surgeons from leading institutions across the country will be in attendance.
• Practicing general surgeons
• Subspecialty surgeons (surgical oncology, colorectal, GIT, breast, laparoscopy, etc.)
• General surgery residents
• Surgical fellows
• Allied Health
For details regarding sponsorship opportunities, please contact the office-in-charge for a copy of the official prospectus.
Access to all sessions
Access to Exhibition area
Daily coffee breaks (March 22nd, 23rd, 24th)
LDaily lunch (March 22nd, 23rd, 24th)
All the above mentioned rates are per room per night on bed & breakfast basis.
• Includes 1 registration + 2 nights stay on bed & breakfast basis.
Helnan Palestine Hotel:
Not Available Now
20 Room Available
- All the above mentioned rates are per room per stay on Bed & Breakfast basis and includes:
- 1 Registration (2 Coffee Breaks, Lunch of Friday Oct. 28 th )
- 2 Dinners (Thursday Oct. 27 th + Friday October 28 th )
- We strongly advise all participants to reserve hotel accommodation as soon as possible in order to benefit from the special rates.
- Guests will be charged the full hotel rates for checking out prior to the departure date confirmed upon checking-in.
- Will be serving periodically between the Congress’ hotels, to facilitate attendants’ movements between them.
Bank draft cheque: to the “Egyptian Society of Surgeons”
Bank transfer: Misr Bank – Garden City Branch, Cairo, Egypt.
Account name: Egyptian Society of Surgeons
Account Number: Local Currency 122/1/6200 – USD 122/120/1140
Swift Code: BMISEGCXXXX (A copy of the transfer swift must be sent to COB)
Attendants who wish to cancel their registration or accommodation will be required to do so
before July 1 st , 2016, in order to receive full refund of their registration fees.
Any cancellation requests made after that deadline will be subject to the following deductions:
July 1 st to July 31 st : 50% Deduction.
After August 1 st: 100% Deduction (No Refund).
- Early-bird Registration deadline: September 15 th , 2016
- Abstract Submission deadline: August 15 th , 2016
- Abstract Acceptance/Rejection Notification: September 1 st , 2016
The 35th Annual Meeting of the Egyptian Society of Surgeons shall be accredited by (The American Association of Continuing Medical Education).
The final number of the granted accredited hours will be provided to all attendants upon the finalization of the academic program.
Accreditation certificates shall be available onsite.